Wednesday, April 9, 2014

IVF Monitoring Appointment #4

This morning was an exciting appointment. We are getting close now! My nurse showed me how to do the hCG shot and said my retrieval will probably be Saturday, maybe Sunday. I had lots of follies in there so I kept track while she read them off. After 9 nights of stims, this is how things looked...

Right side: 9 follicles - 14, 17, 18, 18, 21, 21, 23, 25, 28
Left side: 11 follicles - 16, 17, 17, 18, 18, 19, 20, 24, 26, 26, 32

I am just waiting for my doctor to call me this afternoon with my estrogen level and stim dosage for tonight. My level was only 959 on Monday, so I am hoping it has jumped up quite a bit. I go back in tomorrow morning and should know then if I will trigger tomorrow night or Friday night. My anxiety is through the roof right now. I keep playing out the retrieval procedure in my head, wondering if I will be a mess after the surgery, thinking about how many eggs they will get, how many will fertilize, how many will make it to day 5 or 6, how our PGS results will turn out.... my mind doesn't stop. We are very excited though, for what this all will hopefully bring.

xoxo,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Great news!!!! love hears this! This is the exciting part right....watching the little ones grow right from the beginning and really making our heart burst with love for them. IF treatment is really a blessing! can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete