- She is still a very happy baby, always smiling and cooing at everyone. She is just the sweetest girl. She is talking more and more. She has just started to get clingy to me. She doesn't want to be put down much and loves to be in my arms to see all that is going on around her or wrapped in the Solly or Ergo. She is becoming more aware and knows when someone else is holding her. She can also get overwhelmed with too much loud noise or too many people trying to give her attention. She is taking after me on that ;)
- At her 4 month appointment, she weighed 14.2 1/2 lbs (50%), was 24.5 inches long (50%) and her head measured 41 cm (70%). She is wearing 6 month clothing and is still in a size 2 diaper. Breastfeeding is still going great and she eats every hour to two hours during the day. She has had several colicky episodes where she loses her mind fussing and nothing can console her. I burp and rock and sway and shush until she finally gets little burps out. My poor girl. Thankfully it's not too often. She still uses her pacifier and blankie for her naps.
|Grayson on top, Cora on bottom - she is beginning to look like him as a baby|
- Sleep is good. She usually wakes around 3 or 4 am to eat, although last night she slept from 9:30 pm until 7 am. We still haven't moved her into her own room. We keep procrastinating on that, so she's in the pack 'n play next to our bed. She is still swaddled as she hasn't rolled to her tummy yet.
- She is super strong! She can stand on her own if she has something to keep her from falling over. She is always trying to sit up when you lay her down flat and she has (and has always had) amazing neck strength. When she is up for it, she enjoys swatting her toys on her playmat and doing some tummy time. She is grabbing at everything now, putting everything in her mouth, especially her fingers, and is drooling a ton. I think she's starting to teeth. Her favorites are the nursing/teething necklace I got from Etsy and the Comotomo teether. She loooooooves her brother, and the feeling is mutual. She will crack up and smile and coo at him when he talks to her. He loves to kiss her hands and smile at her. Whenever she smiles back, he says "I'm making baby sister happy!" I about die from the cuteness!!
- She went on her first road trip/camping trip/vacation. She did really well. The only issue was the colicky episodes, which were more frequent on the trip. I'm not sure why, but otherwise she was great and I can't wait for a few other trips we have planned this year.
- We've started taking her in the pool as the weather is warming up and she loves it. She kicks her legs the entire time and smiles. I can't believe I have two fish kids - they both are obsessed with the water like me.
- She starts at the Montessori school Grayson attends on June 22nd. Siiiiiiiiigh. It's so hard for me making that transition from spending every minute with her to being away for 8 hours a day. I've already had a few crying sessions about it. My company was desperate for me to come back earlier because things are a bit crazy, so I agreed to start this upcoming Monday and bring her in with me. It will help some with the transition. Plus they offered me some vacation time for this year in exchange. The other catch is that Nick will be on a business trip my whole first week back without her. That should be fun, ugh.