This month seemed to go by faster than any of the rest. I'm not sure why, but geez, it feels like I just posted his 9 month update! I can't believe we are only two months away from his first birthday. Crazy.
Milestones and Firsts...
- He sure knows how to make us laugh. He does these squinty eyed smiles and the more we laugh, the more he does them. He also holds some of his toys in his mouth and carries on with playing or whatever he is doing while he holds it. And his favorite thing to do is open all the drawers and throw, sometimes at very high speeds, everything out of them. His school told me that he opened the child proof lock on their cabinets the other day :| We are in trouble! He is just like his Dad - curious about how everything works.
- He just started clapping a few days ago. I always clap at him, especially when he does something well.
- His two front teeth began to emerge about a week after his 9 month birthday. One of those has broken through his gums and you can see about half of that tooth. The other one is following close behind. My little man is growing up!
- He crawls, stands and furniture walks really well. He has stood unassisted several times for a few seconds and he walks with his Playskool Walk 'N Ride. He seems very close to walking.
- A very sad, for me, milestone... breastfeeding has come to an end :( :( :( Our last breast feed was on Friday night, May 25th. My freezer stash at daycare ran out in mid-May. I planned to continue with one or two feeds per day, but it just didn't work out that way. Grayson was done with breastfeeding and I could tell. If I think about it too much, I get very sad. Honestly, I wish I could have exclusively breastfed him for one year. I know that if I wasn't working, I could have done it. But instead of dwelling on that, I am going to be happy that we made it to nearly 10 months. That's pretty darn good :)
- He is a fantastic eater! He feeds himself really well and tries everything we give him. So far, he loves it all. We are pretty much done with buying purees. I give him whatever we are eating: chicken, beef, lamb, pork, fish, all veggies, all fruits, cheese, eggs, etc. He has had almost everything, but he eats mostly Primal/Paleo now because we do.
Bison and broccoli. Yum!
- He has been using his sippy cup for water and does really well with it. I am going to start transitioning his formula into the sippy cups.
- He adores his Daddy! He has been such a Momma's boy for so long, but lately he has really taken to his Dad. He gets very excited and shrieks when he sees him, and wants him to hold him. It absolutely melts my heart, and I know it makes Nick very happy.
- He is absolutely obsessed with the water. We started our second set of swim lessons now that we moved and wow, did he have a blast! He was splashing and laughing and shrieking. He had so much fun. Much more fun for both of us than when he was 3 and 4 months old. He even crawled across the floating mat. I cannot wait for our pool to be finished!
- REI had a sale and we splurged on the Burley D'Lite bike trailer. I am so excited to be able to ride my bike again now that I can pull him along with us. I love my bike and I need the exercise! It also converts into a jogger so I can mix it up.
Other tidbits about being 10 months old...
- He still says "mama", "dada", "baba" and shrieks at the kitties and Apollo.
- He is sleeping great. 11-12 hours every night. His naps are getting less frequent. He is pretty much down to one nap a day.
- He is wearing mostly 12 month clothes.
- He is wearing size 3 diapers.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park