Time is flying by!!!!! I was looking through the calendar I made of his pictures and I started sobbing. I can't handle how fast he is growing up. I just want him to stay tiny forever. Sigh.
He is SO much fun right now though, so I try to remember to enjoy him growing up :)
Milestones and Firsts...
- The biggest thing that happened this month was our move into the new house! We love it, Grayson loves it, the kitties and Apollo love it... we are so happy and thankful to be living in a wonderful city (4th safest city in America!) and in our perfect house.
- He started saying "Mama!!!!" My heart swelled and I couldn't stop smiling. He wants to say it all the time now. He is getting more and more vocal. Squealing, shrieking, yelling... he loves to "talk." He will lay on his tummy and take his hands and feet off the ground and shriek - we call it his superman pose. Here is a short clip of him saying "Mama":
- He is really crawling now. We are so proud! He started the real thing the week of March 11th. The army crawl is fazing out. He also climbed up a step at my parent's house while we were still living there and now he wants to go up our staircase. He gets very excited and squeals when he crawls quickly toward something he wants. I pretend to chase him and he cracks up. I have so much fun with him.
- He started pulling himself up. The first time was on our bed drawer on St. Patrick's Day. He pulls up to stand on everything now... I even caught him standing in his crib for the first time! He has started cruising down the furniture too. He has no fear and sometimes he gets distracted and just lets go with both hands. Crazy kid. Short clip of him pulling up and cruising down the table:
- He has started waving. He is not reliable with it, but we keep practicing. He already gives great high fives and smacks his palms on the table/high chair/tambourine/etc.
- His two bottom teeth are all the way through and so darn cute! He sure loves to chomp on everything, especially the spoon when he is eating. I don't see any other teeth coming through just yet.
- We are still breastfeeding and it's still wonderful. I am supplementing bottles of formula at daycare, but otherwise he is breastfed. I am very proud and very happy that we have made it this far.
- He is eating solids three times a day. He loves his food, just like his parents. He hasn't refused anything so far. He feeds himself his veggie/fruit puffs and fingers foods.
He sure loves his Dad
- Poor thing cannot catch a break.... first a cold, then RSV, then the flu and now another cold. And he even had a flu shot at his 6 month appointment. He stayed home for two days and was on Tamiflu. He remained happy through it all, my little trooper. Nick and I have been sick off and on too. I guess this is the life with a baby in daycare.
- He is sleeping really well lately. He goes to bed between 7 and 8pm and gets up around 6 or 7am. We still have exceptions, but for the most part he sleeps through the night.
- The spit up is almost a thing of the past. Even his daycare teachers commented that he almost never spits up anymore. Ahhhh... I was really looking forward to this milestone :)
- He loves to play peek-a-boo, he loves to play the tambourine or use something to bang on the tambourine like a drum, and he is still obsessed with tags. My Mom also started asking him what sound different animals make: "Grayson, what sound does a dog make? Ruff ruff, Ruff ruff." He will stop whatever he is doing, even crying, and sit still and listen. The cow's "Moooooooooooo" is his favorite.
- He loves animals, just like his momma. If he sees a dog or cat walking by, he gets very excited.
Other tidbits about being 8 months old...
- He cracks us up on a daily basis. It's so fun to see his personality emerging. Along with that personality are some mini tantrums, like when we take something away from him. Oh boy, he doesn't like that!
- He really enjoys going on walks with Apollo. He is in awe of everything around him: the trees, the wind blowing, flowers, animals, etc. He definitely got that from me and my Mom's side of the family.
- He LOVES blowing raspberries! When he does them on the leather ottoman, he makes the funniest noises. We laugh and laugh, and I think that encourages him to do it more. He seems to be realizing cause and effect now.
- He still hates laying down for diaper and clothing changes. He wants to flip over and crawl off the dresser.
- His hair is growing like crazy. His bald spot is gone now that he rolls onto his side or tummy to sleep.
- His eyes are still a dark blueish with some green/brown toward the center. I hope they stay this color - they are so pretty!
- He is wearing 6-12 month, 9 month and 12 month clothes.
- He is wearing size 3 diapers. I switched to Pampers Cruisers from the Swaddlers now that he is moving around so much.
- He weighs around 19 lbs.
Kisses for Mommy