Monday, April 7, 2014

IVF Monitoring Appointment #2 and #3

Saturday morning I went in for an ultrasound and blood work. I had four or so follicles on each side that were 12-16mm.  They looked at my blood work and called me later that day with my dosage. It stayed the same: 250iu Follistim + 75iu Menopur and 10 units Lupron for Saturday and Sunday night. My estrogen was 453. I started to feel bloated on Sunday and today I can really feel it. I picked up some coconut water and Powerade to keep myself hydrated. I also went to Target at lunch and picked up several pairs of black stretchy pants. Ahhhhhh, so much better!

Today's appointment showed a lot more growth. I had six or seven on each side to measure. It seems crazy that I have another week before my retrieval. I can just imagine how uncomfortable I will be by this weekend. Dr. A just called me and lowered my Follistim dose back to 225iu for tonight and tomorrow, same Menopur and Lupron dosage, and I go back in on Wednesday.

I am getting so anxious for the retrieval. One week to go!

xoxo,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    Been thinking of you!!! This is sooo much more intense than IUI. I hope time goes by quickly until your egg retrieval. I was in there today and it was packed! Spring is here and everyone wants a baby. ha! love all your updates and hearing the truth behind IVF. Good luck these next few days.

    ReplyDelete