Sunday, April 13, 2014

19

We got 19 eggs. I am having some pain and discomfort right now so trying to stay comfortable. No nausea right now, so that's good. I hope it stays that way because....

Unfortunately I had a day of hell on Saturday. Good grief, what a nightmare. I took my first dose of antibiotics Saturday morning with breakfast. I started to get nauseous and it progressively got worse and worse. By 2:30, I began throwing up and that didn't stop until 9pm. It was awful, awful, awful. I had nothing to throw up halfway through so it was even worse. I was definitely feeling a huge amount of regret over my choice to do IVF. It's been a lot harder on me physically than I expected.

I am thankful that the retrieval is over and that we got 19 eggs, but I could never ever go through this again.

I hope the rest of this process is kinder on me. 

xoxo,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. 19 eggs is fantastic! The worst is over. I remember I took a pill right before my ER to prevent OHSS, and that pill made me horribly sick. I had the same feelings as you did, and never took it again. It's all worth it in the end :) hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete