Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day Three

Dr. A called me this morning with an update on our embryos. Today we have:

Three with 4 cells
Two with 5 cells
Five with 7 cells
Four with 8 cells

This is what an 8 cell embryo looks like:
Source

He said they like to see 6 to 10 cells on day three. That makes me feel somewhat confident in the nine we have at the 7 and 8 cell stage. Fingers crossed that they keep dividing and look good on Friday/Saturday. My clinic waits until day five or six to biopsy and freeze, so I will get a final update on Saturday. We then wait 5 to 6 days for the genetics lab to send results on how many embryos are normal. Waiting, waiting and more waiting. I am getting VERY good at it.

I am feeling much better. Still taking the Cabergoline every night. Still bloated and slightly sore, but oh so happy to be myself again and spending time with my little man. I've been soaking him up every day. He is so happy and giggly, it puts me in the best mood. We are spending a lot of time in our back yard lately. I chase him around and tickle him, he helps me water our new vegetable garden, he brushes Apollo and even runs through the sprinklers. So much joy. The weather has been so great. He went through a little phase of hitting/biting at school, but he is doing so much better now. His language has exploded. He repeats almost everything we say or gives it a really good try. This is a really, really fun age!

xoxo,
Megan

3 comments:

  1. Great fert report! I'm really glad you're starting to feel better & the ivf fog is lifting. Always thinking & rooting for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to hear & see! Glad you are feeling better! Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear our feeling better!!! Those embryos sound promising, still sending good thoughts and vibes for the labs/update

    ReplyDelete