Sunday, May 22, 2011

First Mountain Bike Race

I decided to enter a cross country race yesterday after just four months of mountain biking. I probably should have waited a bit longer before racing, but I wanted to see how it was ;) We met up with a group that we ride with 2 to 3 times per week. They race in the Downhill event and Mr. B has joined their team to do 4X {four-cross}. 4X is basically a downhill BMX course. The Mr. had his first race yesterday too. 

I was the only rider for my level and age group, so I earned some points by default. Overall it was a great experience and we learned that we need lots more practice to be even remotely competitive LOL. But we had fun and that's what matters!

Here I am, being tempted with a beer at the finish line :)

xoxo,
Mrs. B

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing your first race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so proud of you! You got more courage than me for sure! Also wanted to tell you good luck this cycle and hope this is it! So hoping you dont even has to do the hsg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture! Congratulations - what an accomplishment! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pic! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete