Friday, November 5, 2010

My Sister

I have an amazing younger sister. She completely surprised me with my bridal shower, she was my Maid of Honor at my wedding and, most notably, she tolerated me as the mean older sister while we were growing up. My sister and I actually work together. When she graduated college, she went on a month-long trip to Europe and then began her search for a job when she returned home. Like so many other college grads, there wasn't a lot of opportunities out there. We needed some help at my office, so I called and asked her if she wanted to help out. And now a year later, she is still here :)

This morning I walked into work and noticed a cute purple bucket with tissue and a jewelry box inside. I was confused at first. I opened the jewelry box and saw a bracelet, so I walked back to my sister and asked her where this came from. She said it's from her and it's a fertility bracelet. I was this close to crying!

Isn't it beautiful?! I am wearing it everywhere!

My sister knows we are trying to get pregnant. She is one of very few who I talk to about it. She knows I have been worried and frustrated lately and she thought this might help. And it did! It made me smile and it made me feel loved, and it was such a good feeling to know that she is rooting for us too. I can't wait for her to be an Auntie :)

I looked up the meaning of the stones & charms:

Rose Quartz: Said to be beads of love and fertility. Helps promote pregnancy and to protect the mother and unborn fetus.

Moonstone: Said to have powers that aid in nurturing receptivity and balancing of emotions. Promotes love, hope, and fertility.

Amethyst: Said to be an extremely powerful and protective stone. It balances out highs and lows dispelling anger, fear and anxiety. It boosts production of hormones and peace of mind.

Turtle: Potent symbol of both protection and fertility.

Butterfly: In some cultures, butterflies are believed to be the symbol for fertility and rebirth.

 
"The family.  We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together." Erma Bombeck

xoxo,
Mrs. B

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet gift! You guys are very lucky to have one another!

    ReplyDelete