Monday, December 5, 2011

6 weeks

The gestational sac is much bigger now, and the arrow is pointing at the rings of the yolk sac. The doctor told me that we should see the heartbeat next week. So excited for that!

How far along: 6 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: None
How big is Baby: Baby is the size of a lentil bean.
Sleep: I am back to sleeping through the night, but now I'm having really crazy dreams.
Movement: Not yet.
Food cravings: Nothing very specific now that I am feeling nauseous after meals.
Gender: We have a while before we will know.
Symptoms: Fatigue. Acne. Mood swings. Not only are the "ladies" super tender, but I have grown one bra cup size already! Certain smells are making me gag now, and I am beginning to have waves of nausea after meals, especially in the evenings.
Best moment this week: Seeing baby again at today's ultrasound, this time with Nick by my side :)

Nick was out of town for work most of the week. Apollo and I went for a nice walk on Friday. Saturday morning my Mom and sister picked me up for a day of shopping. We haven't done that in forever. I sure needed it! 

I am starting to feel, uh, weird I guess? That's the only word I can think of to describe it. My emotions have been all over the place. One minute I am super happy and the next minute I am crying. I was really spacey during the first half of our shopping trip. Then my Mom walked away while I was telling a story and I started crying LOL. I was shocked at my own reaction, but I couldn't really help it. I guess it's to be expected with all of these hormonal changes. People aren't exaggerating when they talk about crazy pregnant women, huh?! ;)

xoxo,
Megan

3 comments:

  1. :D Congratulations! I love the story about your shopping trip! Hello Hormones! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I totally forgot about the dreams! i remember them being SUPER vivid and super weird. Hmm, I wonder why that is. Yay for the hearbeat next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, yep, the hormones really do creep up on you! I thought I was doing awesome hormonally this whole pregnancy... until last week, when I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat, so I burst in to uncontrollable tears.. At that point, you kind of take a step back from yourself and think "Wow, who the heck am I???" :) Turns out, I wanted a score blizzard from Dairy Queen.. who knew? ;)

    Congrats on a great ultrasound. I can't wait to read your future post once you get to hear baby's heartbeat. Best sound ever!! :) Good luck at your next appointment!

    ReplyDelete