Monday, March 17, 2014

Baseline Appointment

I had my baseline appointment on Sunday and everything looked good. I started the Aygestin yesterday and will continue it twice a day for 10 days. It's a pill, so easy peasy. I should have another period after I finish those. I will start the Lupron injections on 3/23 and continue until my hCG trigger. I had thought all along that Lupron was an IM injection and that Nick would be giving them to me in my butt. I was wrong! They are subcutaneous so in my belly. Phew. I was thrilled to hear that. The nurse went over the schedule with me. It basically goes like this....

3/16: Aygestin pill for 10 days
3/23: Start Lupron injections
3/30: Back to the RE for an ultrasound and blood work, and to get my dosage and mixing instructions for my stims {Follistim + Menopur}

I will be on stims for about 10 days. It will depend on how I respond, but I will be at the office often having ultrasounds and blood draws to monitor my response. When my follicles are ready, Nick will give me the hCG trigger shot 36 hours before my egg retrieval. My nurse predicted a retrieval sometime around April 12th. After retrieval, I should get a period about 10 days later. As long as my period comes before we leave for Hawaii, I can begin the estrogen and have our transfer done that cycle. If not, I will have to wait and do our transfer the following cycle. Either way, our embryos will have PGS done, be frozen and waiting for us.

I have done acupuncture with my IUI cycles, so I will continue going. However, I found out that acupuncture is covered by our insurance with a $25 co-pay. I just need to go to an in-network provider. I found another well-rated acupuncturist right around the corner from my office, so I am going to call them today. $25 a visit is much better than $85! I am also going to a gentle yoga class with my Mom on Thursdays. It will be my first time doing yoga and I'm really looking forward to it.

xoxo,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! Yoga will be a great addition! I have been looking into doing acupuncture do you love it?!

    ReplyDelete