Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Decorah Eagles

I haven't talked much about it, but I have a serious fascination and love for birds of prey {eagles, hawks, owls} I actually love birds in general and can watch them all day long if given the opportunity! We have several feeders in our backyard and I just discovered a hummingbird nest in our avocado tree the other day. I sure hope we get some babies.

I have been watching a live streaming video of a pair of eagles for the last two years. I watched her last three eggs hatch and the three babies grow up until they left the nest. The same pair has laid three eggs again this year, and two of the babies have hatched. She was just feeding them this morning, and you can usually get a great view of the babies during that time. And they are adorable! Here is the link, if anyone wants to watch with me. My Mom even bought me an official shirt :)


xoxo,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment