Friday, March 23, 2012

Quick Nursery Update

Not a lot of progress on the actual room yet, just some decisions on design and layout. We have a lot of other house projects we are finishing first.

This gorgeous nursery has been my biggest inspiration, all along. I LOVE the bright colors and I think we have decided on green walls - and possibly a blue color in the closet. This is Benjamin Moore's Apple Green... 

And this is the other green we like, Benjamin Moore's Pear Green. They are just slightly different greens. I am picking up samples this weekend.
{layoutaday}

We did pick up and set up our new Pottery Barn Kendall Crib! {gift from my Grandmother}



We are using the IKEA Hemnes as a dresser/changer.


And the IKEA Ektorp as additional seating.

My Mom and I are trying to decide on the glider & ottoman fabric color. I also have various odds and ends waiting to decorate the room; the rug, the three safari prints need frames, a large mirror for the loveseat wall, a variety of safari decor, shelves, lamps, new ceiling fan and DIY projects for the curtains, bedding, mobile, etc.

By the way, I am having so much fun with this nursery. It's like planning a wedding all over again :)
xoxo,
Megan

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty inspiration nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh girl I love it all!!! How fun! Where are you getting your chair and ottoman? This is what I'm struggling with now- grrrr. SO much to do but it really is so much fun! No complaining over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the first colour. Real bright and fun for a kids room (half of my boys room is that colour, the rest, a darkish metallic blue so the cupboard would work perfectly)

    I agree, baby prep is so much fun and you are at a stage where you can enjoy it all that little bit more before late pregnancy discomforts begin to set in. This is an amazing journey and you sound like you are loving it just as a mum should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the bright green and blue!!! That room just screams happiness :D

    ReplyDelete