Friday, January 27, 2012

Gender guesses and Antibiotics

Just a random list of some pregnancy adventures :)
  • We started a list at work so everyone could guess the baby's gender. Right now it's Boy 9, Girl 5. We should know for certain on February 6th. I can't wait! We also scheduled our anatomy scan for March 2nd.
  •  My first urine culture came back positive with bacteria. I thought I may have contaminated the sample {I didn't see the signs regarding prep}, so I had a repeat done. There was still bacteria, so they think I have a very minor bladder infection. I am on 2,000mg of Penicillin for 7 days. Fingers crossed I am clear at my next appointment.
  • I had my first crazy pregnant lady meltdown. Over a sandwich. I never thought it would happen to me, but it did. Nick went on a bike ride last night. He left at around 5:15pm, and the place he rides is an hour away in traffic. He told me they were going to our favorite sandwich place afterwards. He offered to bring me back a sandwich, but I declined. I was pretty hungry and I knew I couldn't wait. I tried to eat a bean burrito and almost threw up. I tried chips, same thing. Ugh. All I could think about was my favorite Fender Club sandwich. By 7pm I realized that I needed it and I text Nick my order. I didn't hear back so I called him. No answer. Crap, he must still be on the bike ride :/ He called me back at 8pm. At that point, I thought I was going to die if I did not have that sandwich right that minute! I asked where he was and he said he had just finished the ride. Commence freak out. I was whining and complaining and begging him to get his food to go, asking him what took so long. He said he still needed to eat, drop off his cousin and get home, and that he wouldn't be home until around 9:30pm! At that point I lost it and practically yelled at him "Fine. Whatever. Bye" and hung up. Poor Nick LOL. Then I cried. I cried over a freakin' sandwich! My stomach was going crazy by the time Nick arrived home at almost exactly 9:30pm. I have never eaten that fast in my life! It was so good. Meat is a part of my life again; that turkey and capicolla on the sandwich tasted so good. I apologized to Nick and explained that pregnancy cravings make you crazy. He just laughed at me. I love that man.
  • We received the first trimester b/w results back and everything was negative. Our risk for Down Syndrome was 1 in 10,000 and our risk for trisomy 18 was 1 in 100,000. The other prenatal b/w I did came back great and I am not a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis. We are so thrilled that everything looks good so far. We have more b/w next month to look for markers in the second trimester.
  • I am enjoying this pregnancy so much now. My fears and worries have lessened considerably. I am beginning to look pregnant and hopefully soon I will feel movement. I love this baby with every ounce of my being. It's such an incredible feeling.
xoxo,
Megan

    2 comments:

    1. I've had meltdowns about food before I was even pregnant. Totally justified. :) I am still just so excited for you! Glad all the test results came back so great...hope February 6th gets here quickly!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Aww I'm sorry you had a meltdown but... it was bound to happen lol. I've cried because I dropped something.. because I couldn't tie my shoe... etc. But it sounds like things are going really well and I'm so happy you got good blood work results. And I think I'm going with girl!!

        Delete