Tuesday, January 17, 2012

12 weeks. We graduated!

No u/s photo today. Baby was too big for a good view. Dr. A said it was a good thing this was our last appointment with him because baby has outgrown their equipment :)
Hopefully we will get some good views at the NT scan on Friday.

How far along: 12w1d
Total weight gain/loss: None
How big is Baby: Baby is about the size of a plum! {57.8 mm}

Maternity Clothes: I bought my first maternity pants and shirt :) What have I been waiting for?! Maternity clothes are so comfortable. I bought a Liz Lange maternity shirt and dress pants from Target, plus a pair of jeans from Gap that were 30% off. Score! I also ordered yoga pants, lounge pants, several tops, two dresses and a pair of skinny's from Old Navy Maternity. There was a sale I couldn't pass up :)
Sleep: Sleep is good. Some nights I wake up to round ligament pain.
Movement: Not yet. I can't wait!
Food cravings: Fish tacos {in limited amounts of course}, granola bars, cereal, soup, salad, bread, Sour Patch Kids, smoothies, waffles, peanut butter & honey sandwiches, bean & cheese burritos, tortilla chips, and rice.
Food aversions: Meat
Gender: We are going to do an elective gender scan. I need to call and schedule the scan for around 15 weeks. We are so excited to find out!
Symptoms: Nausea and dry heaving, but it's beginning to subside. As long as I keep eating all day long, I feel pretty good. Fatigue. Emotional. Round Ligament Pain.
Best moment this week: Graduating from the RE. I can't believe we have made it this far. I never dreamed we would!
What I am looking forward to: The NT scan on Friday. I love seeing baby :)

Funny/strange side story: I am still having crazy vivid dreams.  The other night I had a dream {or a nightmare?!} that a woman I did not know, but was apparently related to me, handed me my baby girl. Somehow I missed the birth and this was the first time I was seeing my newborn. Except she was the size of a two year old! And she had the same dyed red bob hairstyle as the woman who handed her to me. I carried her around and out into our backyard, where Apollo was swimming in a giant pond. I introduced them and that was the end of the dream. So weird! I guess hormones can really mess with your subconscious.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you graduated! :) Yay! :)

    That is one bizarre dream, too! I'm sure Apollo was happy to swim in a big lake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww my little graduate ;)

    Yeah...you gots da crazy dreams

    ReplyDelete