Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001 - 10 years later

My second cousin once removed {my Mom's second cousin}, Jorg Dubin, was the artist selected to build the 9/11 memorial sculpture in Laguna Beach, CA. It was presented to the public today and of course we were there with the rest of the family, including Jorg's 95 year old father. It consists of two I-beams from the World Trade Center and a mirrored sphere. The idea is that visitors would see themselves in reflection amid the towers. He did an amazing job putting it together.

Semper Momento - 9.11.11

The family.


In other news, I went to the RE this morning and my one, lonely follicle was now 22mm. My lining was good at 8mm. They triggered me and we will have back-to-back IUI's tomorrow and Tuesday. I also have an acupuncture appointment after my IUI. Monday's are crazy at work so tomorrow should be hectic! Not to mention I have strep throat, and these antibiotics are killing my stomach :( Things can only get better from here, right?!?!

xoxo,
Mrs. B

3 comments:

  1. That sculpture is beautiful. Good luck this cycle, and I hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea that we could see ourselves in the sculpture. It is really beautiful. Hope acunpunture provides relaxation for you on your hectic day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your IUIs! I hope things do get better...stomachaches from antibiotics are horrible :( Sending lots of successful IUI and get well soon vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete