Thursday, September 8, 2011

I really hate Clomid, and other things on my mind

I am soooooo done with these hot flashes and night sweats!!!!!!! The Clomid side effects stay around for a while after I take my last pill. The only thing that helps is a fan right on my face. And even then, I feel like I am burning up. The temps in the 100's weren't helping either. My sleeping sucks. I wake up freezing, then an hour later I wake up dripping in sweat. Yep, these effing hot flashes happen 24 hours a day! Ugh.

Sometimes I feel guilty for feeling upset about our Infertility because I am alive and healthy. I am very thankful for everything we have, but it still hurts. Then I remembered a fact sheet I read on Resolve's website about Coping with the Stress of Infertility. Research has shown that the stresses and anxiety of Infertility can be the same level as someone with cancer! Wow. I am going to be sure to mention my stress / anxiety to my acupuncturist to see if she can help with that as well. Work has been absolutely nuts and that is definitely not helping.

I think we have decided on our next steps if IUI #3 doesn't work. We are going to try one more IUI, but with injectables. If it works, yay, no IVF. If it doesn't work, we will at least have an idea of how I respond to the injectables. We figured we should try everything we can before IVF. So that's the plan for now :)

xoxo,
Mrs. B

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Mrs. B - found your blog through another one and your story sounds very familiar. Thinking of you during this clomid cycle and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't need another cycle after this one, but that sounds like a good plan if you do! And hang in there with the clomid--I wouldn't wish those hot flashes on my worst enemy :/ Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete