Monday, March 21, 2011

Mountain Biking

I love it. I have never had such a blast on a bike as I did on Saturday! It was the first time we took out our new bikes. We were worried about rain, but it turned into a beautiful day. We rode a course we have ridden once before on borrowed bikes. There were five of us; 4 guys and me. The uphills were difficult. At the top of each one, I wanted to puke. But I realized that if I stopped to rest, I felt more sick. So I kept on going. It was the kind of workout I love. The one that pushes me to the edge, and just when I think I cannot go anymore, there is a sweet downhill. The first few were terrifying. The guys took off as fast as they could ahead of me. I was on the brakes the entire time, afraid of tumbling down the hill to my death. But after a while, my confidence grew and I picked up speed. I even launched off a railroad tie, my feet flew out of the pedals and I shrieked. But I stayed on and kept going.

Hopefully next weekend and the one after we can go again. No more rain, please :) I really surprised myself. I wasn't expecting to love it this much. Maybe it reminds me of the thrill of galloping on a horse...

Did any of you discover something unexpected that you love? Please share! 


"Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving." Albert Einstein

xoxo,
Mrs. B

No comments:

Post a Comment