Saturday, August 25, 2012

One Month




My little boog-a-loog is one month old! I can't believe it!

He loves:
  • Eating! We have the breast feeding down, and as long as he gets to eat at the first hunger signs, he is a happy baby. My nips still hurt, but I am sure it will continue to get better. The Lanolin helps a lot. He is exclusively breast fed and I pump once a day and freeze it. I want to build up a good stash for when I go back to work in January. I usually get 5-6 oz in a 10-15 minute pumping session. I definitely do not have supply problems. I love my Lansinoh disposable breast pads - I would be covered in milk otherwise.
  • The SwaddleMe wraps. They are seriously my favorite baby item. He can't get them off like a regular swaddle blanket, I can change his diaper in the middle of the night without taking it all the way off and he sleeps so well in them.
  • His swinging/vibrating seat. He usually naps in it or sits in it with us in the kitchen when we cook.
  • Being in the Ergo. He loves to be carried around in it. It's perfect for grocery shopping, Target trips and beach visits.
  • His stroller. I started going on walks with him, since it has cooled down for a few days, and he enjoys it.
  • Staring. He loves to watch our faces, stare in the mirror, watch the kitties and Apollo. He is quite fascinated with things. He is tracking things with his eyes very well.
  • Tummy time. He is very strong and lifts his head up a lot, especially if we use the Boppy. He also pushes really hard with his feet and was moving himself across my in-laws carpet!

He does NOT like:
  • The bulb syringe. He hates when I get his boogers, although he's getting better.
  • Being strapped into his car seat. Sometimes. Other times he is fine and falls asleep.
  • Being cold. Cold baby wipes can sometimes be a problem. I can see the need for a wipe warmer.
Other tidbits about being one month old:
  • He smiles at me :) He smiles and laughs in his sleep almost every day, but these times he was wide awake. I was smiling and laughing at him. My heart melted!
  • He no longer fits in his newborn clothes, so he is wearing his 0-3 month and some 3 month stuff. The sizes vary so much by brand.
  • He is wearing size 1 diapers, and has been for the last week. We have mastered the quick diaper change after being peed and pooped on several times. That is always the most fun at 3am ;)
  • He slept 5 1/2 hours on Thursday night! Woohoo! He normally gives me 3 to 4 hour stretches every night. He sleeps great - definitely got that from his Momma.

Happy One Month, baby boy! Mommy and Daddy love you so much.

xoxo,
Megan

6 comments:

  1. He is just absolutely beautiful! I can't believe he's already a month old...I feel like it has flown by. (And I'm guessing that it's flown by even faster for you!) Please feel free to be PIP heavy, because your little boy is just crazy cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo adorable!! Has it really been a month already? Wow, does time fly! You're doing an amazing job :) He is one lucky little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at him holding his head up! Big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute mamma!!!! I still want to see your nursery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a big guy!!! I cannot believe he's already 1 month...soak it up mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so handsome! I can't believe he's 1 month already! Congrats mama!

    ReplyDelete