Monday, March 23, 2015

Cora - Month Two



Cora at 2 months.....
  • She is smiling all the time now! I think it might be my favorite thing of all. There is nothing like a sweet baby smile... melts my heart. She also does lots of cooing at us and the ceiling fans. She is such a sweet and happy girl. She only cries when she is hungry (and I haven't caught her early cues) or when she is colicky.


  • She is growing so much - at her 6 week appointment, she weighed in at 11lbs 2oz and measured 21.5 inches. I can't wait to see how much more she has grown at her 10 week appointment on April 3rd. Breastfeeding continues to go very well. She spits up a lot, but so did G for almost the entire first year. We have tried a bottle and she took about an ounce before she started gagging and wouldn't take anymore. She also gags on her pacifier so we don't use one at all. I ordered a Breastflow bottle to try so we will see how that goes. I've also been pumping to build a freezer stash and to make sure she gets used to a bottle before I go back to work at the end of June, and so Nick and I can go out for a movie date one of these nights.



  • Her sleep is getting better. Not as good as G who started sleeping 8 hours at 6 weeks old... we really got lucky with him in the sleep department. She falls asleep after cluster feeding all evening around 9 pm and then doesn't usually wake up until 3 am. It does vary some but that is the average. The other night she slept from 10 pm to 4 am - Mama was thrilled with that! She is up again between 6 and 7 am to eat and usually falls back asleep until I wake her up, around 9 am or so. She can be very loud, grunting a lot as she falls back asleep or farts/poops after a feeding. I may be moving her to her crib in her own room soon. We'll see.


  • She loves to lay on her play mat and bat around her toys. She also does tummy time well. She has had a very strong neck from the beginning and holds her head on her own really well. She even tried out the Bumbo a few days ago. I can tell already that she is going to really admire her big brother, just by the way she watches him when he talks or sings to her. I can't wait to watch their relationship develop as she gets older. And she adores her Daddy too :)


  • She really loves her baths! She smiles and kicks her feet. I can't wait to start swim lessons when she is 4 months old.





No comments:

Post a Comment